If you want to follow my shared links in real time instead of as a weekly digest, head over to Delicious. You can search them there easily too.
- SEC Charges 'Prophet' With Fraud – Sadly, this guy really isn't any more dishonest than most investing newsletter publishers, or actively managed mutual funds. His problem is he was too honest about his dishonesty.
- The Jalalabad Fab Fi Network Continues to Grow With a Little Help from Their Friends – Homebrew wireless mesh network in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, supported by people at MIT. Easy to do, but also not easy to do. This story is somewhere between Three Cups of Tea and Neuromancer. Very weird.
- Should We Clone Neanderthals? – Apparently the quest to resurrect our nearest hominid relatives continues! This is going to be so weird.
- City Response to “Water Conservation: Sober Up San Diego, The Water Party Is Over.” – Although they won't come right out and say it, it does appear that the City has no intention of proactively dealing with the possibility of long term undersupply/overdemand of water. Ironically (I think) San Diego gets about twice the reainfall of Taos, NM, where the earthships happily collect and process all the water they need for domestic living… suggesting that if you're creative enough, actually *both* sides in this SD debate turn out to be a little bit absurd.
- Water Conservation: Sober up San Diego, the water party is over – Grand Jury report to the city of San Diego on long-range water planning, in the face of extended drought in the SW USA, and the enormous population of people in SoCal.